ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Adopt Java8 as Baseline for 1.10 on master Branch
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:22:08 GMT
On 2016-03-25, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2016-03-22, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> * create a branch 1.9.x that we use for Java5 compatible maintenance
>>   releases - with Jenkins Matrix Builds, of course.

Done.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Ant-Build-Matrix-1.9.x/

>> * change the version number of the master branch to 1.10.0alpha
>>   (-SNAPSHOT, whatever) and make Java8 the new baseline for that -
>>   with
>>   Gump and Jenkins Matrix Builds for Java8 (and 9 once it becomes
>>   available).

Mostly done.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Ant-Build-Matrix-master/

The Java8 build on Windows fails. It always did but was disabled, the
comment was "Java8 cannot be installed on Windows" - looking through the
logs I can see Java8 has been installed (or claimed to have been
installed) but the build fails with "The system cannot find the path
specified" and I'm led to believe javac isn't found.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Ant-Build-Matrix-master/jdk=jdk-1.8.0,label=Windows/831/console

I'll try to debug this - since we really do want Windows builds - but
any help is very much appreciated.

Stefan