ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Adopt Java8 as Baseline for 1.10 on master Branch
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:11:39 GMT
Hi all

after the recent discussion, I'd like to propose the following:

* create a branch 1.9.x that we use for Java5 compatible maintenance
  releases - with Jenkins Matrix Builds, of course.

* change the version number of the master branch to 1.10.0alpha
  (-SNAPSHOT, whatever) and make Java8 the new baseline for that - with
  Gump and Jenkins Matrix Builds for Java8 (and 9 once it becomes
  available).

Please cast your votes, will be open for about three days.

Cheers

        Stefan