ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aspiring contributor here
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 06:10:45 GMT
On 2015-09-09, Pedro Otero Prada wrote:

> I'm Pedro Otero. I'm a Java developer. Never contributed to open source
> projects before but we are using more Ant where I work now so I thought it
> would be a good project to start with. I'm just familiarizing with the code
> of the core project I got from the trunk.

Welcome, Pedro.

> I was wondering what bugs or feature requests could I start with or give a
> look to. Is there any particular area where extra help is needed? Just let
> me know.

AFAIK there is no feature anybody would be actively working on.  Ant's
development has been reactive to bug reports and feature requests for
quite some time.  So one idea might be to look through the Bugzilla
issues to see whether anything sounds interesting to you.

Personally I'm a bit concerned whether the changes coming in Java9 in
particular the new module system is going to interfere with the way Ant
works.  This is something I'd love to investigate once I find enough
time - if I ever find time, that is.

Stefan