ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 9 images are now modular with JDK 9 Early Access build 49
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 06:41:59 GMT
Hi all

I've just completed adapting Ant's unit tests to JDK9, most changes
involved changing javac -source options as we've been using 1.4 or 1.5
in several places explicitly.  We still need to adapt a few docs and
I'll look for references to extdirs and the endorsed libs mechanism.

One unit test remains broken and I think it is due to a bug in rmic, not
in Ant.

If you run rmic on a Remote class with Xnew something internally seems
to be invoking javac with -source 1.3 (and -target 1.1).  Something like

$ /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.9.0/bin/rmic -Xnew -vcompat RemoteTimestampImpl
error: Source option 1.3 is no longer supported. Use 1.6 or later.
error: Target option 1.1 is no longer supported. Use 1.6 or later.

Cheers

        Stefan