ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing Antlibs
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 07:57:30 GMT
On 2014-06-03, Jan Matèrne (jhm) wrote:

> I am trying to build the antlibs, mainly props.

> A simple "ant distribution" works, but executing tests fail:

> 1. ${ant-testutil.jar} must be specified although it is part of the standard
> Ant installation

Not sure whether this has been true in 1.7.x which the commons build
files strive to be compatible with.  Maybe we should drop that goal or
at least modify the check to see whether ant-testutil.jar is in an
expected place.

> 2. antunit is not present (I tweaked the common/build.xml to download that
> during the build)

Yes, I always use -lib switches to point to my locally built antunit.

> 3. when executing the tests I get class not found errors of the built
> classes:

and I also need to set -lib switches for the Antlib under test and even
to the test classes for some antlibs (AntUnit itself is such a case,
Compress is happy with just adding the Antlib).

Stefan