ant-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Suereth <joshua.suer...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy slow resolution
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:59:30 GMT
On a whim, I implemented parallel download of artifacts by hooking the
downloadArtifacts
method of Resolve engine.  While this can potentially speed up download
performance, the resolution times (getDepedencies) still dominates (of
course).  Parallel downloads is an often requested feature of sbt, so we
may still release this hook for our users, as they request it, but I think
the *really* just want faster resolution times.

We may be doing some investigation into improving the performance of
getDependencies (and most importantly fetchDependencies).  I was curious if
anyone else in the Ivy community has attempted this before and what sorts
of guidance they could offer before we dig in.

Thanks!
- Josh