ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1580520 - in /ant/core/trunk: ./ manual/Tasks/ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 05:08:24 GMT
On 2014-03-23, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:

> Some of our test cases do not support parallelism because they are creating and dropping
temporary directories and files which have the same names.

On first glance there also may be a race condition for the test that
expects certain build events.  See the Jenkins test error on JDK8 - and
the nightly, I suspect, but Jenkins is currently down.

> I was thinking of adding somewhere in the Ant codebase a utility class
> or method to get the PID of the currently running process and add the
> PID somewhere in the name of temporary folders created for tests.

Yes, unique temporary directory names is the best you can do.  I haven't
looked at the code, yet.  From the name of the attribute I would have
expected multiple threads inside the same VM rather than multiple
processes.  In the case of the same VM you'd certainly use the Thread-Id
or name instead.

You may want to move test directory creation/deletion into BuildFileTest
similar to what we do with antunit-base.

Stefan