ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy release schedule
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:02:20 GMT

Le 30 déc. 2013 à 19:35, Charles Duffy <charles@dyfis.net> a écrit :

> Howdy, all --
>
> There's rather a lot of good stuff on Ivy's trunk.

Agreed.

> Any thoughts as to when
> we might be in a position to start a release candidate series?

I think any time a committer is willing to do so.

> (As there are tickets assigned to 2.4.0, and nothing on 2.3.1, would I be
> correct in gathering that that's where we're going next?)

Yep 2.4.0 should be the next one.

I only have one wish. I am working on supporting "packed" (.pack.gz) resources from Eclipse
update sites. For that I would need to redesign a feature which is only in trunk: uncompress
artifact on resolve (not documented yet, see DefaultRepositoryCacheManager#uncompressArtifact).
Since I would like to break it a little bit, I would like to do it before releasing it, so
no backward compatibility have to be supported.
I am struggling a little bit with it, but I don't think it will take very long.

Nicolas