ant-dev mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Short version of the ant version string?
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 02:18:42 GMT
Hi,

As part of my work on issue 55489, "Allow specifying of alternative user
agent for the 'get' task", I need to be able to include the Ant version
string in the user-agent (Apache Ant/0.0), but using the following:

getProject().getProperty(MagicNames.ANT_VERSION)

or

Main.getVersion()

both returning a long version string of them form:

"Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.3alpha compiled on November 22 2013"

From what I can see there is no method to get a 'short' version, unless
I am not looking in the right place.

If there isn't already something, would adding a Main.getShortVersion() be
acceptable?

Regards

Andre