ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Java version of Ivy/IvyDE
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 22:44:28 GMT
I have just committed a page in Ivy's doc about compatibility, see r1538473.

About IvyDE, I'll change it after the next release.

Nicolas

Le 4 sept. 2013 à 19:38, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> a écrit :

> So there is a consensus about IvyDE requiring Java 6. I suggest that it will take effect
after the next release, which I intend to propose soon.

> And there is a consensus about dropping Java 1.4 support for Ivy.
>
> Since I have not proposed every kind of answer to the question, especially the solution
suggested by Maarten, I consider the discussion still open about Ivy requiring Java 5 or Java
6.

> I like the argument raised by Maarten, that Ivy should follow Ant requirements. Do anybody
objects ? Do somebody think we should drop support of Java 5 ?