ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using multiple properties in the 'if' and 'unless' conditions
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:11:41 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Wolfgang Häfelinger <whaefelinger@epo.org> wrote:
>> Which one would you prefer?  Or should we invent a new one?
>
> Use an existing one of course. There could also be more than one,
> just supported by a "language" attribute.

This is the approach the NAnt folks have chosen, you can do stuff like
${functionn-library::some-method()} and implement your NAnt extensions
in any language that compiles to MSIL.  I can't say I find the typical
NAnt build file easier to read than Ant build files, but that may be a
matter of getting used to it.

I think you can do almost everything you'd like to do with a script
condition - without making the core of Ant more complicated.

>> We do have the "clumsy" XML expression language that we built into
>> the condition task and it follows the rest of Ant's "language".
>
> I do not see  your point why an embedded expression language would
> not follow Ant's language terms. Perhaps you can elaborate on this
> bit further.

It would add a new one - or even multiple new ones.

Stefan