ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using multiple properties in the 'if' and 'unless' conditions
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 09:42:24 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Wolfgang Häfelinger <whaefelinger@epo.org> wrote:

> What would so bad introducing an "expression language"?

Which one would you prefer?  Or should we invent a new one?

We do have the "clumsy" XML expression language that we built into the
condition task and it follows the rest of Ant's "language".
Introducing a different language would mean implementing a different
interpreter for it, documenting it an all that.  And regardless which
existing language we'd chose, we'd always find users who'd find it
hard to use - not all Ant users are Java developers and are able to
read "a && b".

Stefan