ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: QName in DynamicAttributeNS
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:12:46 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> Internally in ant the <uri>:<name> form is used (rather
> that {uri}name) for a stringized versions of xml namespaced names.
>
> In dom it seems that the prefix is used in the qualified name.
> so  e.setAttributeNS(uri, qName, value) should be of
> the form:
>
> e.setAttributeNS("http://example.com", "abc:hello", "hello world")

exactly. Its like xsd:qname and not javax.xml.QName

So XmlFragment is mixing things up.

> (see: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200411/msg00004.html)
>
> Unfortunally the ant code does not retain the prefix of the attribute
> (encoded
> in the qname) see ProjectHelper2:line 1048.

hmm. That is certainly a problem. at the very least, all xmlns
declarations associated with a node should be retained (in Task?) so
that you can work out the prefix for yourself, if you know how to
resolve stuff. (that is actually why I hate xsd:qname, it can only be
expanded if you know where it should be parsed from, and have the entire
object graph to hand). Some representation like (uri,localname) makes
much more sense.

-steve