ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping on Solaris does not work because of <chmod>
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:56:49 GMT
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Alexey N. Solofnenko <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com>
wrote:

> I found the reason why I cannot build on Solaris - <chmod> does
> nothing.  I added "-v" option into bootstrap.sh and this is what was
> printed:

-d might be better since you'll see the results of DirectoryScanner.

One thing I noticed while working on <tar>'s resource collection
support (gonna raise it in a different thread) is that
FileUtils.iterator() doesn't return directories (by design) - maybe
this is a hint.

Gump does bootstrap on Solaris[1], but it never uses the wrapper scripts,
so we wouldn't notice when chmod fails.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://gump.zones.apache.org/