ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tar and resource collections
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 03:54:04 GMT
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hmm... seems like it would take some work (maybe a lot
> of stream magic), but would still be doable to try to
> augment ZipResource to be able to accept a ZipFile
> instance... ZipFile gets an isOpen() method...
> ZipScanner passes down its ZipFile and defers close()
> to some hook...

I thought about this as well, but I failed to find a non-intrusive way
to make the hook know when to fire.  <zipfileset> can be defined
outside of any task, for example.  And I wouldn't want to add cleanup
code that was a no-op for all resource collections and had to be
called in all tasks using resource collections.

Stefan