ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs AntlibTest.java
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:04:53 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> 2. if you use antlib://org/ex/resource.xml we load in the resource by its full path,
so you dont need multiple packages to have multiple antlib files.
>> I'm not sure about #2; I think it is convenient once you have antlib-only distros
(i.e. inline declaration and script; nothing else), but am not sure about the syntax. Maybe
>> antlib://org.ex/antlib.xml would be better, and more in keeping with WWW URLs; if
/antlib.xml is omitted, we would add it by default.

> What's the point of having two antlibs in the same package? I would
> much prefer we stick to the simpler auto-magic URIs (in xmlns) we use
> for AntLibs. I'm not too fond of your #2 ;-) We should keep things the
> way they are, i.e. antlib:package.name and that's it IMHO. The
> resource can already be specified with an explicit <typedef> no? --DD

I dont actually want packages, see. Instead I want a directory that you
can -lib to that pulls in all the various project-independent declarations.

Then I can run ant

ant -lib /projects/smartfrog/antbuild/core

And get everything in there. Currently that is ant-contrib and a version
of maven artifacts I compiled myself yesterday. Then I can go
  xmlns:antlib://checkstyle.xml
  xmlns:antlib://emma.xml
and get all the relevant declarations pulled in, without having to put
my unpackaged stuff into subdirs, jar files, etc, etc.