ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: How to add my Ant extension project into the 'Related Projects' list of ANT?]
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:49:19 GMT
James Mao wrote:

> Subject:
> How to add my Ant extension project into the 'Related Projects' list of ANT?
> From:
> James Mao <james.mao@iona.com>
> Date:
> Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:37:01 +0800
> To:
> dev-subscribe@ant.apache.org
>
> To:
> dev-subscribe@ant.apache.org
>

> Hi guys,
>
> I just released my first Ant extension project 'DANT' - distributed ant
> on http://dant.3322.org
>
> don't know how to add the project into the 'Related Projects' list of ANT.
>
> Anyone can give me a hand?

you check out the latest version of the related projects XML file from
CVS (next week: SVN), and submit a patch with your project added to the
file.

Looking at the project, it is interesting. Can I express my worries
about opening up a port accepting incoming ant requests without
security. We (SmartFrog) use TLS-encrypted RMI for our node-node comms
for just such a reason, although it gets complicated fast.

You may also be interested in the SOAP/WSRF deployment API that we are
standardising at the grid forum; it has always been written with ant
envisaged as a possible language option, and is designed to work over
long-haul connections, using WS-Security or HTTP digest auth for
security: https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/cddlm-wg

-steve