ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: AW: strange logging error
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:06:45 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:

>Maybe the project is not set correctly.
>What does "getProject()" refer?
>
>If you inherit from DispatchUtils, you dont have a real task (class inherited from oata.Task).
>You´re using a task wrapper instead.
>

>Jan

I know, but I was inheriting from Task (just indirectly).  As soon as I
directly inherited from Task, the log worked.  So:

Task -> AbstractDarcs -> Initialize.execute (null pointer exception)
Task -> Initialize.execute (no problems)

is this the correct behaviour for Ant?  Should my initial version have
been using DispatchUtils?  As I've programmed round it and solved the
problem I was having, it's not a biggy, but I'm interested in why this
is so.

Kev