ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to pipe output to input?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:59:06 GMT
Peter Nabbefeld wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've asked this question on the users list, but it seems nobody knows
> there:
> Is it possible to create two java processes (with fork="true") and pipe
> the output of one process into the other?

Not yet :)

Ant1.6.2 added the notion of the ioredirector to exec and java, but no
direct coupling of apps. You'd have to write your own filter to route
the stuff...and ant equivalent of Unix named pipes

If you are running unix only, you can just use named pipes

> How? Can I focus a component?
> Or generate a mouse event?

um, you have just gone way out of what is normally done in app
automation. There is nothing in Ant to do this. Some of the GUI unit
test frameworks do enable it, however...

-steve