ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ResourceCollections
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:35:30 GMT
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>> Have you modified AbstractFileSet or the individual
>> subclasses?
>
> Good question; I almost answered it in the original
> mail.  I figured we had little control over what
> happens to AFS children so I implemented the new
> interface in FileSet and DirSet directly.

So ZipFileSet and ClassFileSet are not ResourceCollections right now?

There certainly may be AFS children that are no good candidates for
ResourceCollections so your choice seems logical, still people may
expect to have a ResourceCollection when they extend AFS.  Could be a
matter of clear documentation.

>> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Matt Benson
>> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > 2) should there be a reference-only (resources) type that can
>> > generically use a ResourceCollection of an unknown type?
>>
>> What would it be used for?
>
> The idea of "this task creates a ResourceCollection
> with the specified reference."  Okay, I invoke the
> task, now I have a reference to an RC, but I don't
> know its type, thus <resources refid="foo" />

I see.  So to answer your original question, yes, I think there should
be one.

Stefan