ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/dotnet WsdlToDotnet.java
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:05:00 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Does mono handle a list of schemas/urls to schemas after the first
>>file?
>

> $ man wsdl
> wsdl(1)                                                   wsdl(1)
>
> NAME
>        wsdl - Mono's Web Service Proxy Generator
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        wsdl [options] [path | url]
>
> looks like a single argument.
>

>>ps, Stefan, does this mean you are writing SOAP stuff?
>

> Even worse, SOAP with ASP.NET as server side and probably also .NET on
> the client end.  Still trying to figure out whether I can avoid
> installing VS.NET (and Windows in the first place).

get a copy of vmware. run windows in a box. This is what we did for my
last win32 c++ project, and it was great, especially given that the
project added drivers to the SCSI stack and could write off a vm if the
build went wrong. We used ant+cruise control BTW, but not the <Cc> tasks
-instead just invoking vs.net to do a big bulk build.

you dont need vs.net if you get the .net sdk and the latest WSE toolkit,
then use nant+nunit. the .net sdk comes with enough of vs.net to do
debugging.

Finally, use axis to generate JUnit test cases against your .net
service, even you expect to have a .net client. It tests for interop, see.