ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: basedir not set corretly in subant task...
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:19:27 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> This is easy to explain and it is is the manal  ;-)
>
> Using the <ant dir="x"/> will set the basedir as a user-like property,
> which means that
> it cannot be overwitten subsequently - i.e. it gets "frozen".
>
> You need to use : <ant antfile="x/build.xml" inheritall="no"/> which
> will set basedir property
> as a non-user-like property.

In that case I have been using <ant> wrongly, forever.

I always use the "dir" setting as it 100% guarantees that the dir is set
up to that of the dest, which is how I usually work. And when you call
<ant> in a sub project, using dir, it again sets up the basedir to be
that of the destination.

We do not get that same chaining semantics with ant -> subant.