ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of ant 1.6.2
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:41:17 GMT
--- Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> Let's vote concerning the release of ant 1.6.2 on
> Friday,
> July 16th.
> [ ] Yes, release ant 1.6.2 on July 16th
> [ ] No, make another release candidate
> I saw errors in tests sent by Jan Matèrne under
> Win/JDK 1.2 [1].
> I am not sure whether these are showstoppers.
> Since there is a huge list of resolved
> issues/improvements in ant 1.6.2
> compared to 1.6.1, I am eager to get it out.

Not voting yet myself.  Wanted to make everyone aware
that since RC1 I have committed to the 1.6 branch a
resolution for an issue with the <apply> testcases on
Java 1.2, as well as the change to build.xml that
disables AssertionsTest pre-Java 1.4.  These were both
discovered by Jan.  It is my opinion that a release
omitting these will not be fully 1.2-compatible.

-Matt