ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: <macrodef> and local
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:26:24 GMT
> From: Magesh Umasankar [mailto:umagesh@apache.org]
>
> From:       "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalberto () cellectivity ! com>
> Date:       2004-06-24 11:30:33
>
> > But you are changing the contract of <sequential/>.
>
> Easy to provide backwards compatibility here -
>
> <sequential breakable="true"/>
>
> where breakable is false by default.
>
> Similar attributes may be introduced to other behavior
> altering task containers.

I think it is ugly, and there is no reason for modifying <sequential/>
when you could just as well define a diferent task, like
the "<block/>" I proposed. (Not stuck on names, pick a name
more of your liking).

It is much more easy to write <block> ... </block> than
<sequential breakable="true"> ... </sequential>

Jose Alberto