ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <macrodef> and local
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:09:48 GMT
From:       Peter Reilly <peter.reilly () corvil ! com>
Date:       2004-06-23 16:23:48

> are some cases where true local properties would be more easily

like...?

> The <break> task is interesting. I am concerned however about
> how third party task containers would work with it.

If the third-party container would like to support the break task,
they would need to catch BreakException and handle it in the place
where they iterate over their nested tasks and execute them.
BreakException extends from BuildException.  It gets thrown by
the <break> task if it decides that the condition to break is met.

Inside Ant, we'd need to modify Target, Sequential, and Parallel
at obvious places to support <break>

> Peter

Cheers,
Magesh