ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: output redirectors
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:47:01 GMT
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Would it make sense here to create a new core FilterReader for
> encoding conversions, and let that be the proscribed means by which
> input/output/error encoding can be overridden for a
> <redirector>--using the <*filterchain> elements already implemented?
> Seems clean/reusable to me.

To be able to use encodings you have to work on the "raw" byte
streams, not on readers.  You have to set the encoding on
InputStreamReaders or OutputStreamWriters and pass those to the filter
chain.

> I don't know exactly how the entire sandbox paradigm
> is intended to flow, but this enhancement (I hate to
> say "change" :)  ) affects about 4-5 existing classes
> and two (IIRC) new ones, plus the encoding
> FilterReader if we go that route.

Start with the two new ones and enhance ;-) one existing class in HEAD
so we can see where you are going?

Stefan