ant-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Preventing Parent Classloading
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:44:01 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Upayavira <uv@upaya.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>as Cocoon requires a different version of Avalon logging from that
>>in the Ant Velocity jar.
>>

>Hmm, there is no velocity.jar in Ant ...
>
>A stock Ant distribution bundles Xerces and xml-apis and nothing else.
>Maybe your Ant installation has been tainted in some way?

Hmm. Probably me getting my classpaths screwed up, which I did rather
too much during this whole process. I assumed it must be an Ant jar,
because the stuff in it was not compatible with Cocoon. But maybe it was
me loading classes from the wrong Cocoon jar. Strange.

If anyone is willing to check I haven't done anything stupid, you can
see the code at:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/CocoonTask.java

The most relevant bit is the last three methods, extracted from Java.jar
and ExecuteJava.jar.

Regards, Upayavira