ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus-ant...@cognition.olin.edu>
Subject Re: failonerror; general solution
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:34:07 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> [...]
I see that both have their benefits. trycatch is slightly nicer in that
you can do the catch right there, or set a property and use it the  way
sequential would work... I think that that is true from looking at the
examples posted. Sequential has the advantage of not needing to get the
ant-contrib folks to give it to us (which I seem to remember was the
sticking point b4)

If try-catch can be pulled in quick I'd be +1 for that +0 for
sequential, and the oposite if it is going to take weeks to get try
catch in.... Nothing prevents us from adding try catch later for
additional functionality. If it isnt' going in 1.6 then I am for waiting
on try/catch cause we probably have another year before 1.7 comes out :)

-Gus