ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject overriding references
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:22:48 GMT
I have a few questions:

What's the rationale for why references can be
overridden?  This seems to contrast sharply with the
treatment of properties.

With <import>, are the contents inserted "conceptually
in-line" in the build file?  I ask this because when I
declare <import> that contains a particular reference,
then declare a reference of the same name, I am able
to successfully override the reference, as I would
expect--as works for overriding targets--regardless of
order.  If I reverse the order of my reference
declaration and my <import>, the reference declared in
the <imported> file overrides the one I have in my
"real" build script.

Basically I have figured out how to work around these
problems, but they still don't sit well with me.  Is
this behavior completely intentional?

-Matt