ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:54:09 GMT
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jose Alberto Fernandez
<jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we really want to go into this world of
> dynamic-programming,

If you go back in the thread, you'll see that I'm not even sure
whether the use-case is a good one or not myself.

If we prohibit <import> inside <target>, people will stick with entity
includes if they need that feature - and I thought the task was
supposed to avoid entity includes (among doing other things).

> (You know how users are give them an inch and they will use the
> whole yard) :-)

In German that'd be "give them the small finger and they'll grab the
whole arm" 8-)

Stefan