ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit FormatterElement.java JUnitTask.java
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 08:03:33 GMT
On Wed, 28 May 2003, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> if="${foo}" => true
> if="${nofoo}" =>false
>
> I dont know what this would break (except for people who have
> properties called "true" ),

It would break builds of people who use an indirection in the
if/unless tags.  Say ${bar} resolves to "baz" and people really want
to test whether property baz exists.  With your proposed change they'd
suddenly always get false.  I don't think this is a common use case,
but something to keep in mind.

Also note that we are currently not expanding the values of <target>'s
attributes at all IIRC.

Stefan