ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: having datatypes load classes
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 06:41:09 GMT
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003, Marc Portier <mpo@outerthought.org> wrote:

> thx for the invitation, if others want to be on the party: please
> join.

8-)

> woke up with something along the lines of a
> ClassLoaderFactory (name should be tuned down a bit, too much
> expectations here, inspiration welcome, PathUtil?)

We already have LoaderUtil in the util subpackage.  Might fit there.

>   - public ClassLoader getClassLoaderForPath(Path);
>   - public ClassLoader getUniqueClassLoaderForPath(Path)

We'll probably need both to address all needs, yes.  Please note that
CVS HEAD is going to drop Java 1.1 compatibility, so some changes in
the whole classloader area are to be expected.

Farming out the common actions to instantiate a user defined class loaded
from a user defined path will also provide additional benefits here,
a single entry point that could ensure we check the context
classloader first and that avoids Class.forName completely.

Something like

public Object newInstance(String classname, ClassLoader userDefinedLoader)

with the semantics hinted at above.

Stefan