ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: polymorphism (was Re: antlib)
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:30:06 GMT
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:

> On Friday 25 April 2003 11:54, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> I don't want to use it as nested element of <classpath>, but as
>> nested element of <javac>.
> Why

because it feels more natural?

> and how (from an xml point-of-view)?

One of the questions that usually get us stuck 8-)

<classpath ant:type="PathThatIgnoresBuildSysclassPathToTrickGump">

or

<PathThatIgnoresBuildSysclassPathToTrickGump ant:element="classpath">

are alternatives (without any claim for completeness) with quite
different consequences when it comes to the implementation side of
things.

Neither would require any formal definition of roles.

Stefan