ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: polymorphism (was Re: antlib)
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:54:07 GMT
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:

> I do not see the problem here: suppose Path implements
>   dynamicElement(Path path)
>
> one could do:
> <javac>
>    <classpath>
>        <PathThatIgnoresBuildSysclassPathToTrickGump>
>             <pathelement path="${classpath}"/>
>        </PathThatIgnoresBuildSysclassPathToTrickGump>
>    </classpath>
> </javac>

I don't want to use it as nested element of <classpath>, but as nested
element of <javac>.

Take <classfileset>/<zipfileset> and <dependset> as another example
(where you can trick me ;-).

I want to be able to be able to use <classfileset> as <srcfileset> and
<zipfileset> as <targetfileset> - or the other way around.

Stefan