ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:32:17 GMT
On Friday, April 25, 2003, at 01:25  PM, Costin Manolache wrote:
> All I ask is to do the changes in the core separately.

+1

I'm in agreement with you on the order of events, Costin, 100%.
<antlib> with tasks/datatypes is fair game to migrate into HEAD, then
core changes to make the other components work as pluggable pieces,
then refactoring <antlib> to support it.

I also agree with the use of interfaces (not just marker ones, per se)
for distinguishing what components are used for.  Again, its cool that
Ant supports making lightweight tasks, but I think it should be more
rigid in the future and mandating components implement a particular
interface.  Most of us at least extend Task when writing tasks, I
suspect, too.  :)

	Erik