ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: antlib / ruper task
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:14:24 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
> Works just fine for the purpose of doing <get>s... We don't require anything
> fancy here. Getting files thru HTTP with timestamp works for me, and has
> been for a while. I've even done simple stuff like extracting properties
> from the HTTP header at the same time I'm getting a file (properties added
> by a custom Jetty-based HTTP server serving meta-data about the file
> downloaded). I'm not saying it doesn't indeed suck, just that I've never run
> into the 'suck' part for my simple purposes (using JDK 1.4+). --DD

-doesnt let you set >1 cookie
-doesnt let you at the text of an error response in some java versions
-if you get a response shorter than the content-length header, sometimes
  it rounds down the result of getContentLength() instead of flagging an
error

If/when the http tasks in the sandbox make it into ant as an
ant-httptasks package, they'll use httpclient for this reason

...etc.