ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: Re: antlib / ruper task]
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:01:11 GMT
forgot to cc

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: antlib / ruper task
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:35:30 +0200
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>
To: krysalis-developers@lists.sourceforge.net

Adam Jack wrote, On 22/04/2003 15.30:
>>I am searching for documentation about ruper. I found this
>>http://krysalis.org/cgi-bin/krywiki.pl?Ruper
>>
>>I see that the ruper task depends on common-vfs. If we use Ruper for
>
> antlib,
>
>>which can be very good, then we are making ant core dependent upon
>>common-vfs.
>

> I have been working with Ruper recently (doing some reworks on it) and the
> commons-vfs dependency is not my favourite thing. Ruper uses VFS (IMHO)
> because of the many "file system/transports" (from WebDAV to others) --- but
> then proceed to use HTTP 99.9999% of the time.  Seems a bit like a
> sledgehammer for a walnut...
>
> I am game to attempt to make Ruper switchable, i.e. it'll work over commons
> VFS if provided, or simply the HTTP stack inside a JDK.

Excellent. +1

> BTW: One can get a view at dependencies from this :
>
> 	http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/krysalis-ruper.html
>
> but most of the dependencies are for optional extras (i.e. CLI for command
> line tools.) The main dependencies are Krysalis-Version (no dependencies of
> it's own) and Jakarta-RegExp (something I might remove) and Commons-Logging
> (optional.)

Ok, if you can do this:

1 - move CLI to a separate "project"
2 - remove if you can Jakarta-RegExp
3 - definately remove Commons Logging

Sorry I can't be more of help ATM, I'm really deep into work over here
at... work ;-)  and at night I hack on python Gump :-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -