ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:26:10 GMT

Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote, On 21/04/2003 23.23:
> I would like, based on this email, to read what you find OK and what should be changed
in the antlib proposal. Once I have the comments from everybody on the list, we might put
them together in a document - including conflicting views if any - and vote.

Cool.

What I would like to see in antlibs, and that can be quite easily done
IMHO, is to make it possible to add an 'autodownload' attribute that can
get them from a repository, using Ruper, and versioning.

Example:

  <antlib name="ant-contrib" version="1.2+" autodownload="true"/>

This would use the ruper task to get the antlib and load it.

It would just need to have the Ruper task in Ant core.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -