ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using files in classpath in task file=""
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:11:21 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote, On 04/04/2003 19.57:

> However we can do it incrementally. Adding an setXYZUrl(URL) attribute
> should work - without the overloaded method problems.
>
> Well - it can be just setXYZUrl( String ). All we need is to add the
> attributes to the tasks where it is needed.
>
> Should we add it to <copy> ? I don't know :-) But XSLT is a good candidate.

After the replies and a bit of thought, maybe even setXYZUrl(URL) is not
the right solution.

We have a FTP task, a get task, etc... putting the URL as a parameter
short-circuits the process of getting stuff and using it, and
potentially makes Ant dwonload files at every run without devs knowing.

So, AFA I'm concerned, I would need a styleResource="" parameter, *or*
overloading the file attribute *just* to get stuff from jars. That is,
if the filename starts with resource:// or something like that, get the
file as a resource.

What should I send a patch for?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -