ant-dev mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:41:20 GMT
A flat namespace is a bit problematic :-
   for example: is "containsregexp" a filter, condition or a selector

The antlib proposal does provide associating the same
name to different classes using roles.

If a flat namespace is used, there is not much point in
proceeding with the xml based descriptors.
A patch in bugzilla report 17844 provides a simple alternative
(it is however missing needed tasks like antlib and antjar).

Peter.