ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Ant as a top-level project
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:47:56 GMT

Stephane Bailliez wrote:
> [...]

Well, INAL, but Apache is made out of Projects.
Jakarta is a Project, XML is a Project, etc...

Plainly put, making Ant a top-level project would automatically make it
get out of the *dependency* to Jakarta and its PMC.

But...

This doesn't mean that Ant developers need to get out of the Jakarta
General list or ignore other Jakarta projects.

Jakarta is and will remain the *reference* point for Java Apache software.

It's just a matter of being indipendent of Jakarta and having a PMC that
reports *directly* to the Apache board.

Honestly, I don't see how having a PMC *and* remaining under Jakarta, if
ever possible, would help in any way.
What are the benefits?

Mind you, I'm not talking about the site or code organization, I'm
talking about PMC (internal organization).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -