ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus-ant...@cognition.olin.edu>
Subject Re: Submissions and Patches
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:33:24 GMT
I want to be clear; I do not mean to suggest that the commiters are not
working hard, or that nothing new is going in. However, I have the
feeling that the patches that are getting old are doing so because
commiters deal with patches that interest them personally first. One can
hardly blame them since they ARE *volunteers*. I'm hoping we can find a
volunteer that is willing to say "I'll try to make sure even the booring
patches get looked at and responded to within X ammount of time." (note
that I said responded to not committed)

Of course it is not a matter of blindly commiting. (shiver at the thought)

-Gus

p.s. I would hate to see anyone decrease their involvement because I
complained about not getting my patch in... I still appriciate all the
other work that _is_ being done.