ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Submissions and Patches
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:17:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gus Heck" <gus-antdev@cognition.olin.edu>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: Submissions and Patches

> I want to be clear; I do not mean to suggest that the commiters are not
> working hard, or that nothing new is going in. However, I have the
> feeling that the patches that are getting old are doing so because
> commiters deal with patches that interest them personally first.

I'd say we deal with the patches that we can test first. The VSS/Sos stuff
is on my todo list not because I have any interest in them, but because
jesse has a track record of making good changes to these tasks, and I trust
him, even though I am blissfully incapable of testing either.

> One can
> hardly blame them since they ARE *volunteers*. I'm hoping we can find a
> volunteer that is willing to say "I'll try to make sure even the booring
> patches get looked at and responded to within X ammount of time." (note
> that I said responded to not committed)

point taken.

> Of course it is not a matter of blindly commiting. (shiver at the thought)

funnily enough I did just that on axis last week; added castor support with
enough patches to make sure everything built, then left it to whoever used
it to write the docs.