ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: what I want to see in the next version of ant
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:03:32 GMT
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:

> I strongly agree with Craeg, on both the separate repository (isn't
> subversion close enough that it could be a SVN repo ;-) and the
> separate mailing list.

No problem with giving svn a try - but we'd need somebody to take care
of the installation.  AFAIK Greg Stein will set up svn for Apache
machines once it is stable enough (after alpha, that is) and svn can
import from CVS, so we could start with CVS and switch later.

> I'll just add that it would be a good time put it in a
> org.apache.ant2 package.

org.apache.ant is enough as Ant 1.x is in the org.apache.tools.ant
package.

Stefan