ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - counting results
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:58:37 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:26, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
>> Peter can propose another vote if he wants - but until this happens
>> I consider the subject closed, ant will support targetless build
>> files.
>
> Actually Peter already did just that. It was vetoed ... much the
> same way that target-less build files was vetoed. Stefan reverted
> the change.

Huh?  You are talking about making <project>'s default attribute
default to "main" if omitted, yes?

There has been no vote, Conor gave a -1 with a reason, the reason has
been confirmed by Steve and you never responded.

It seems the situation is a bit different.

> It seems the rules change depending on who is doing the veto.

It seems the rules change depending on who is interpreting them, yes,
this it too true.

I know you've been advocating over and over again that a -1 becomes
invalid if all reasons have been addressed.  I am playing by your
rules.

Stefan