ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Vetoes are void? was Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - counting results
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:36:08 GMT
On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Peter Donald wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:33, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Peter Donald wrote:
> > > So far I have have vetoed the change and given reasons which other people
> > > have supported. You have failed to convince me to lift the veto. Thus
> > > under current apache rules the change needs to be reverted. At least
> > > thats my understanding of http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html
> >
> > This was a [VOTE] - not a commit or code change, but a plan on how
> > the next release should behave.
>
> Actually it was a veto on the code change that was ignored. I have not voted
> in the "vote" at all.

I think this threas is about

   [VOTE] target-less build files

And the vote resulted in a majority +1.

You can vote any implementation of this feature - if you have valid
reasons and a better implementation. Any veto on the grounds that this
feature shouldn't be implemented is IMHO invalid.

And if Stefan really want his implementation accepted, I think the
rules for revolutions allow a majority to accept the code in.

But even without 'revolution', I think the requirements for a veto
include a proposal for a better solution to implement the feature
( at least for features that had been voted ).

Costin