ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: top-level tasks, import, projecthelp, targetless
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:47:18 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> The point is: it is not a matter of having a DOM or not, it
> is a matter of a well designed and specified processing model.
> Whether you implement this with SAX only, or a DOM, or a customized
> more or less tree like data structure is a matter of performance

+1.

> BTW I'd *like* to see a formal specification of how Ant processes
> build files and executes what it is actually supposed to execute.

I agree. That could be a nice big step toward 2.0. Given that
we already decided to change it in the main tree ( i.e. top-level
tasks and targetless files ) and the behavior has a subtle change
already - I think we should formalise and freeze it.

>From all my experiments ( and I think Stefan has similar results )
most projects are not affected by this change.

Costin