ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [VOTE] target-less build files
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:44:40 GMT
+1

I think you put the problem in the wrong way - having tasks outside
of a task ( i.e. at top level ) is the real issue.

That's how ant worked originally until a vote on ant-dev changed it, and
most uses were for setup-like tasks, like <property>, <taskdef>,
etc. It can be used for <javac> as well, but I don't think this
is the main use-case.

Costin