ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Question about ant 1.5
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:55:46 GMT
This is more a question for ant-user...

I'm not sure I understand, but here are two things you can try:

1) ant -Dclsname=MyClassName -Dpkgname=MyPackageName generate

with:

<target name="generate" depends="fc">
  <java classname="de.otto.noa.generator.CreateClass" fork="yes">
     <classpath refid="ejbc.path"/>
     <arg value="${build}"/>
     <arg value="${pkgname}.${clsname}"/>
  </java>
</target>

I don't know how you want to use these arguments though...

2) Use <input>

--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Mihai Costache [mailto:mihai.costache@osd.ro]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 3:11 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Question about ant 1.5

Hi,
I have a questionregarding using ANT 1.5: I'd like to know if it is possible
to run a ant target with some parameters from the console: for example, I
have in the build.xml file the following tag:

  <target name="generate" depends="fc">
  <java classname="de.otto.noa.generator.CreateClass" fork="yes">
   <classpath refid="ejbc.path"/>
   <arg value="${build}"/>
  </java>
 </target>
and I would like to know if it is possible to run this task as follow:
ant generate MyClassName MyPackageName where:

MyClassName is the name of the class which I want to generate
and
MyPackageName is the name of the package where I want to write this class.

Thank you

Mihai Costache

Otto Software Development Romania
B-dul Dimitrie Pompei 9-9A