ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - counting results
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:01:09 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:26, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
>
>>Peter can propose another vote if he wants - but until this happens
>>I consider the subject closed, ant will support targetless build
>>files.
>
> Actually Peter already did just that. It was vetoed ... much the same way that
> target-less build files was vetoed. Stefan reverted the change. It seems the
> rules change depending on who is doing the veto.

Peter, I agree with you about targetless buildfiles...

But I don't see why it really has to be vetoed.
If users want to shoot themselves in the foot, let them do it.

Targetless buildfile support will not prevent us from using only
targets, as in Java having static code snippets doesn't prevent one from
writing correct methods.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -